The Core Web Vitals are the metrics that Google uses to measure the user experience of your website. Since May 2020, these metrics have become a part of Google’s search algorithm for all sites on the web! Google conducted a series of research and the findings show search engine users prefer sites with a great user experience.
Core Web Vitals are user-focused metrics that measure load speed, interactivity and the stability of content as it loads.
Core Web Vitals focus on user experience when they visit your website. The goal of these metrics is to help web developers identify issues affecting the overall user experience on their sites, so they can make adjustments to improve performance.
These Core Web Vitals include:
- Load time – how quickly a page or app loads from the server
- Interactivity – whether users can interact with elements on the page
- Stability – how often a website crashes due to performance issues
How search engines use these metrics to rank pages in search results.
- Search engines are using them to identify pages that are slow to load, or have poor user experience.
- The more you optimize for these metrics, the more likely you will rank higher in search results because they’re an indication of a healthy site that users want to engage with and share on social media.
The Core Web Vitals has become part of Google’s SEO ranking algorithm.
in June 2021, Google announced in a blog post the roll-out of the page experience to all users globally. In short, Google uses the data collected by these metrics to rank pages in search results and improve its search results for users.
Other essential search rankings metrics include:
- Page speed (a measure of how quickly your page loads)
- Mobile-friendly (how well your website works on mobile devices)
Optimizing for Core Web Vitals will improve your SEO and user experience performance.
Google search engines currently use these metrics to rank pages in search results. Every business website needs to check what its website vital metrics are saying and improve its loading speed, interactivity and visual stability to improve visibility on search engine.
In short, Core Web Vitals are an important part of search engine algorithms and affect the rankings of your site. If you have a slow website or one that is difficult to use or browse through, this can negatively impact your SEO. To improve your rankings and user experience performance, it’s important to consider how these metrics might affect your online presence and optimize accordingly.